Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Master Bedroom, if you wanna call it that....

Recently I got some new things for our bedroom. This room has definitely come a long way from how we first saw it. 
before
after several coats of primer


after wall color





If you are wondering why we painted over the hardwood floors, we had no choice. Unfortunately the previous tenants allowed their animals to pee and poo all over the floors, this was our only choice and I really hated to do it. Sigh. 

Anyway so here is our bedroom currently






 So, what is new?? I got this duvet set from Target. Its was VERY inexpensive, but overall I think that it is great quality and I love the look. YHL even had it listed as their "We're diggin'" section! I didn't notice it there until after I ordered it! Bonus!! :)I also added the white nightstands. They were only $15 bucks a piece at Target. They arent anything special but pretty sturdy for the price. For the longest time we had ugly mismatched tables by the bed, I think this definitely makes the room appear cleaner. I received one of these wicker milk crate baskets at our wedding shower. While I was mulling over purchasing the tables it occurred to me that the milk crate would fit under the table perfectly, so I went a bought another one. I love the way that turned out! They are great for storage!! What are in mine?? Have a look!
Sam's

Mine
 I am loving the progress, but there is still a lot more to do, starting with a headboard. I am trying to decide if I should buy one, or make one? Any suggestions?? 

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far!!

Love,
Meg


paint color- Valspar Lyndhurst Timber
Lamps and shades, Target last year. 
bedskirt- Shabby Chic, Target 

1 comment:

  1. first off love your bedset and total bedroom makeover! ;-) okay... my review for my Target gray suede boots... run out your door and get them right now.. because this is the deal of the century.. they are super comfy and I've worn them just about every day... I have a feeling as soon as everyone gets word about these boots they'll be gone. Great deal.Great boot!

    ReplyDelete